Friday, September 5, 2008

German sausages and more...


I was rooting around the web and reading stuff on www.southwestrides.com (after reading about my ride online they let me join) when I saw that they meet on Wednesdays in Mesa AZ at a German restaurant called Zur Kate. The menu had Sauerbraten, spaetzle, REAL beer, and Bratwurst etc etc. I was pig sick that a meeting kept me from joining them so last night I rode out there to sample the fare. It was very quiet but the food was great and the beer more so. I learned that some Irish chap had visited on the Wednesday night and that he was riding all the way down to Tierra Del Fuego! I would like to have met him, especilly as I have 3 kids living in Ireland. The Manager is a BMW rider and recommended Victory BMW so I was looking forward to this mornings test of the R1200GS. (See test of R1200GS already posted - this is older by 1 day - doh!)
I'll be back in Phoenix mid October and I'll be sure to visit the South West Rides group at Zur Kate and I want to test that F800GS at Victory's Octoberfest. Now how will I find the motivation to renovate my little house in England's rain when I want to be riding in the sun full of German food? Photos are Haslemere UK sunset vs Phoenix AZ sunset. AZ sunsets usually win...

No comments: