Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Friday July 11th, Magic Castle Hollywood




Words and photos by JK

I am not a techie. The very thought of giving detailed explanations of how our ACT! add-on products work can rattle me ever so slightly. OK a lot. We arrived at Magic Castle for a luncheon with ACT! users a tad late due to the congestion on HWY 101 but they were not quite ready to go so my demo of Outlook IntegrateR1 and speech about my tour were still on. I parked beside the valet's stunning black Kawasaki ZX6R.

Victoria Marechal and Daniel Graves had organised the event. The ACCs present were Victoria (www.CRM-IT.net), Daniel Graves (http://www.database-la.com), and the ever helpful biker-boy and walking map of California Jay Hudson (www.actprogramming.com), Jacqueline Zimmermann (jax@acttechnology.com) and your's truly (www.designr1.com).
The ACT! users were Ira Goldstein, Richard Freeman EVP Sierra Group who also does magic, Lynda Malerstein of Power Journeys Hypnosis, Erin Kayser of Willis Insurance Services,Julie Brown a manager at KYDS (Keep Youth Doing Something), Gordon Peay a Wellness Consultant and Lynne N. Roach of Integrity wealth management.

I demonstrated all the great things that our Outlook IntegrateR1 can do (like create an activity from an incoming email) and spoke of my tour until I got a gentle kick in the ribs to end it and sit down. I may have caused some consternation with one or two Brit expressions (I have put a Proper English page on our website for fun and to explain to American's what I mean by plonker, duffer, knackered etc). I held a 4 question quiz about motorbikes to win a free copy of OIR1 and Erin won that. The responses were all very close. Here, try your luck. I think the questions are easy...

Motorcycle Knowledge Quiz
1. Which American motorcycle is famous for it’s V-Twin engine?
2. What motorcycle is James Kingstone riding around the USA for The Hole in the Wall Gang Charity?
3. Which Italian motorcycle uses a Desmodromic valve operation?
4. What famous motorcycle comes from Bavaria?


We snapped a few pics and headed back after a nice lunch. Traffic was solid so we took a longer but quicker route to Riverside. Saturday was set to be a great day of fun for me!

No comments: