Monday, July 21, 2008

Hollywood, Wed July 16th













Words and photos by JK

If there is no rest for the wicked then I must be a very bad boy. Between emails, visits, phone calls and planning I never really rested on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday! In fact it was a rush to make the 6:30pm meeting with ACC Michael Moldofsky (http://www.activesales.net/WhoWeAre.html) to see Hollywood. Michael has been around this famous town long enough to give a good tour. Some serious driving in his BMW made the evening really great and the English fare at the Cat & Fiddle capped off the sights. I'm sorry but Hollywood, it seems to me, is seriously short on glamour. It has an atmosphere for sure but too much of it is of the shabby bad-taste strip-mall junky neon busted pavement ilk. Where Michael resides along the cafe strip on Melrose was great however! We snuck up some twisty hillside with very chic houses covering many eras of "in" and snapped a few pics of the Hollywood sign. I have made a suggested improvement in my photo above. Then we rushed around the streets past the star-studded pavement (apparently Michael Cane was stomping concrete that day), Pirates (presumably from the Caribbean) and Marilyn Monroe non-look-alikes. We saw, as Michael put it, "the good the bad and the ugly" until dark drove us back onto Hollywood freeway and Hwy 60 back to Riverside. It was a great treat so thanks a million Michael!
At 11:30pm that Hwy 60 was packed! I could hardly believe it. I thought I was on the flippin' M25 on a British bank holiday! Home late and I had to be off in the morning to meet the boys at Sage in Irvine for the last leg of my Full Circle tour. To add to my joys, I had a wasp hit my chest at about 45mph whilst riding back from Lake Hughes and it wasn't fast enough to kill it so the little blighter got 3 or 4 stings into me before the wind took him away. By Wednesday night I had a red patch the size of a saucer and a hard white patch where I was stung so many times and the itch was unbearable. See why riding slowly and carefully is dangerous! Speeding is the only safe way to ride...trust me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ay up Kingstone, That hair is starting to look a bit "Afro" you need a trip to Dennis's. (Glossop Humour).
Speak soon
Phil

Unknown said...

Ay up Kingstone, That hair is starting to look a bit "Afro" you need a trip to Dennis's. (Glossop Humour).
Speak soon
Phil

. said...

Is there an echo in here?

R1madbrit said...

I was trying for an Eddie Murphy role. JK