Monday, May 5, 2008

Augusta to Lawrenceville...and?

I left the motel at noon. Straight along the I 20 to exit 93. Whoopee. Stare at the Dodge caravan in front for 2 hours.
I do have one JK rant. I have become aware that the Feds are watching me. Every time I enter or leave ANY road in the USA they rush crews to eradicate and dig up any historical evidence of any exit or on ramp. I have ridden 4,589.9 miles of USA roads. 3,764.4 of them are under construction. I apologise to America. It is all my fault. Just don't try driving in England when I'm home!
I abandon the Interstate for US 81 to nowhere and all I wanted to do was find a petrol station to refuel and check my directions. Google maps turned out to be spot-on in this case! Finally a Chevron. I get stopped by everyone asking what I'm doing in this get-up and my AMERICAN Axion back-pack is always the talk of the town. Ray Gibboney stops his car to chat. He has a Porsche and is a car nutter. Good man! We swop details and laugh for 15 minutes. He takes a charity leaflet. I like this grass-roots contact. Real people that speak spontaneously like Paul from Peoria AZ in Our Pub in Inglis Florida. He donated generously and I never asked. Good people. Real people. I took no photos. Ever seen an Interstate with trees each side? Tomorrow I visit Sage's biggest offices in Atlanta (Lawrenceville) GA. Sleep tight, mind the bed-bugs don't bite.

No comments: