Friday, May 23, 2008

Plymouth Rock and Roll






Monday we headed North from Newport RI towards Boston on Rt 24 then cut east to Plymouth on Rt 44. The weather was glorious and the scenery in Massachusetts is fabulous. I loved Plymouth. The houses, the trees, the ocean, the antiquity and the atmosphere. But the best was yet to come. We bought salt water taffy (no big deal really, I can't see how this sweet could become famous) and took pics and learned about the rock that was supposed to be where we Brits first landed and began designing strip malls. Oops. Sorry. That's why we secretly planned to lose the Revolutionary war...we just knew you'd come up with strip malls and McDonalds.

We rode the 3, 3A and the 228 up the coast to Hull Massachusetts way out on a spit in the Atlantic ocean east of Boston called Nantasket Beach. Hingham is nearby and I loved the houses in this area. Tuesday we headed for Logan Airport in Boston and boy was THAT a scary ride as we bucked and bounced over the patches on the 3 and I93 with trucks and traffic on all sides. Jax flew back home and I wasn't 10 minutes down the road to Boston before realising how much the R1 and I missed having her on board. I must have the R1 set up too hard because it handles so smoothly and comfortably with Jax on. Her (admittedly miniscule) weight is the perfect extra for the roads. But I was missing the fun and laughter most. I rode to memorial drive and worked on some emails at a Starbucks then rode north to Burlington to meet Lesley Denny, an ACC covering Boston. Lesley is such a cheery soul and we chatted about Sage, ACT!, the conference etc. until it was time for her to join her hubby. I stayed nearby ready to ride to Nashua New Hampshire to meet with the eCopy executives.

No comments: