Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Newport RI here we come!

Sunday morning saw me writing emails as best I could. I called Bob Kennedy, an ACC running Kenbar near New Haven. Bob was the first person to donate to the charity based on my first email. He spoke to me briefly at Insights in DC and then he drove the 1/2 hour to East Haven to have a coffee with Jax and myself. Bob has travelled and done things. He has stories that could fill a book never mind an hour's visit. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so unassuming yet so interesting. Jax and I decided that Bob was a real friend and that we need to come back to Connecticut to hear more of his travels. We had planned our route from Google maps but fortunately I asked a petrol station attendant and we got a nice tip that led us through a slower, more scenic route to Newport. That night we shared a plate of scampi at Flo's in Middletown. Lisa the barmaid was very friendly and gave me Flo stickers for the bike to prove we had made it to their restaurant. Fried downstairs, baked upstairs...
P.S. Go back to former blog about Insights for new photos.

No comments: