Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One week and gunslinging at the OK Coral...



Just one week to go and I should be a nervous wreck with the workload. But I'm not. No point worrying I say. Do what you can and wing it the rest of the way!
I found this typical cheap motel in Tombstone. I think the historical photos sold me. At least its claim to fame is cleanliness so I'll forgo the ambience for clean sheets at a good price on the first night. Apparently Tombstone is very much as it was (I'll believe that when I see it) and everyone who's been there says it's great. Yeeeehaaa pardner! I see they had riding gear in 1850 too. And that coach would be faster to work than getting on the 101 to Scottsdale at 7am! And no coach drivers on mobile phones! Dodging the poop was a drawback I suppose.
I am planning to visit The Alamo in San Antonio Texas and get some pics too. I really want to get a Davey Crockett coonskin cap or a Bowie knife but I shall resist such tacky childhood dreams. I think I had a coonskin cap when I was 5 and Davey Crocket, Jim Bowie and Daniel Boone crazy. My hockey stick was my musket in the snow... idiot child I was. Still, fun to think I'll actually be seeing all those places. I hope you enjoy following me. I'll keep my blogs up to date better once I'm on the road so I can leave it up to you to follow or ignore if I'm irritating you. When I get to Tennessee I can say "Y'all take care now" just like the Beverly Hillbillies. Or is that Texan too?

No comments: