Friday, April 25, 2008

A word from our sponsors.


I have been so caught up in telling you all about America and the charity that I totally forgot to tell you about Sage and Swiftpage and the other helpful chaps.

Sage. 3rd largest behind Microsoft apparently. We sell their CRM products and this ride features ACT! the world's NUMBER ONE contact management software (it's for sales/marketing nutters). Without David and Debbie and Ryan at Sage this would have been a right poxy little affair. DesignR1 have a load of nerdy guys that help get ACT! tuned up for your company. They scare me.
Swiftpage. Cool guys (Bob and Dan) from Colorado wrote this email marketing add-on. I use it. (That means ANYONE can!). I like how it takes care of the opt-out misery-guts. It let's me sleep an hour later. The bike will be on the Swiftpage stand at Sage's big conference in DC called Insights. Swiftpage do online training that explains things very well. Some things are a bit "programmerish" but I'll kick their butts to change those things to suit us marketing/party duffers. T.E.A.M. Arizona. Ron Arieli helped me out with training both basic (I was pathetic but finally managed my USA bike licence) and Advanced Riding (that one I managed very well). I met some great people too. If your missus says "Bikes are dangerous" just ask her " So do you WANT to be in my will?" and go get trained. Safety and handling are paramount here. Skip the cruiser thing too. I'd recommend a big trailie for safety and comfort. (See BMW and JK on a KTM pics)
Cycle Gear. These chaps were so friendly and helpful and even remembered my call from England 3 weeks before I arrived in AZ! They gave a discount for the charity and the gear I bought has been great so far! Get that guitar going Christopher!
RideNow. Jake Miller sorted me a Scorpion EXO1000 helmet with flip down fighter-pilot shades that have been a life-saver. Good on ya mate!
KG Sprayers. Rob Toth, Mel and Stuart are in Aldershot, England and do shot-blasting, spraying and powder-coating. Bike frames and wheels are no problem. Rob is my neighbour and he drags me to the pub all the time. His girlfriend Pippa sends fun emails when I get ticked off. Great people and real friends. His work is top-notch and he says "Fursdai" for Thursday in a true "Suvvern" accent!
Z Custom Leathers. Adolph and Dianne (from England...rule Britannia!) measured my pathetic frame (how do you measure a baked potatoe with spaghetti limbs and coconut hair?) and made a suit so tough I could work on the space station with it. (See photo for proof!). When I hit that Mack truck grill at 160mph that truck will be soooo sorry!
4KAM. Ian from north of Manchester (ayup lad, I'll 'ave a pint of 'Boddies) has been extremely helpful. If I wasn't such an anti-electronic lazy plonker I'd have the vids up on the blogs. Tough cameras pointing front and rear film all the action. If the countryside goes even slightly hilly my conscience will drive me to get them working... That's about it. I read MCN and go to Crash.net for racing news and that's it folks.

No comments: